Label: Capitol [072435711762]
Genre: Soul, Funk, Disco, R&B
Quality: FLAC (tracks+.cue,log)
Mp3
Total Time: 36:40
Total Size: 355 MB
189 MB (Scans)

Barry Towler:

More quality dance floor material from Jaques Fred Petrus and Mauro Malavasi steeped in the quality tradition of 80s groove with flair, finesse, panache and SOUL. Here we have a real treat with early performances from young superstars in waiting Alyson Williams and the delicious, delicious Meli'sa Morgan. Helping them shine resplendently is Eric McClinton from one-time Motown outfit Eric & The Vikings. Not only do we have a good album here we have discerning liner notes from 'me old mucker', David Cole of In The Basement magazine. This man's devotion to quality music and his expansive knowledge are first rate and it is fitting to employ him for liner notes such as these.
I doubt anyone will not own the KILLER "Feeling Lucky Lately" already as it has been included on various EMI projects since the late 1980s, and I was loathed to splash out on the £27.99 price tag for this album when it was released in Japan. Thankfully this is another gem released in the deluge of quality bargains from Capitol. Although I love this album and this particular style, I cannot listen to this set completely in one sitting. It does begin to merge after a while, but singularly and independently most songs are brilliant and I dare you not to bask in Alyson and Meli'sa's soulful vocals and scratchy summery vibe of "You're The Winner". Songs such as this remind me on a daily basis of how Black America has lost the plot and any ability to make decent dance floor material, bar the quality work made on the House / Garage front.
The melody of "Hold On" owes more to Shalamar and the Solar sound than anything else and this, to me, is very good indeed. Here, Eric (minus the Vikings!) delivers his smooth vocals and adds some seasoned experience to the relative youthfulness of his companions.
Another favourite inclusion on here is "When The Lover Strikes" which is more midtempo than most cuts on offer here. Again, Eric, takes the lead and the vocal nuance twists in a fashion that we more appreciate with Chic. My favourite song is the KILLER ballad, "I Want To Be Your Everything". This epitomises all things Summery and one can easily slip on the old rose tinted glasses with this material. Oh, I love this mellow, mellow flavour and it is fair to say that Capitol had a serious grip on that back in the early 1980s. This is indeed a quality release, especially for the aforementioned songs. Unmissable 80s soul.

Tracklist:
1. Feelin' Lucky Lately (5:46)
2. You're The Winner (5:00)
3. Hold On (5:23)
4. Next To You (4:13)
5. Have You Heard The News (4:45)
6. When The Lover Strikes (4:25)
7. I Want To Be Your Everything (3:29)
8. Brainy Children (3:36)
Part of EMI's "Masters Of Funk & Soul" series.
High-resolution 24-bit/96-kHz digital remastering.
The Copyright in this sound recording is owned by Capitol Records, Inc. (original recording 1982).
℗ & © Digital Remaster 2004

https://img66.imagetwist.com/th/15557/j466i0nnpav3.jpg

https://musdl.com/download скачать.png