Total Size: 151 MB

Tracklist:
1. From The Soul (4:33)
2. Feel Good Funk (6:25)
3. Comin' Home Baby (3:41)
4. Drifting And Drifting (9:10)
5. Hip Shake (8:18)
6. I'm Just A Playboy (4:43)
7. Everything I Play Gonna Be Funky (5:45)
8. Scratch My Back (4:44)
9. I-55 (6:14)
10. Careless Love (4:00)
11. Mississippi Mood (7:40)

Several years ago, Adam Gussow (of Satan and Adam fame), who also wrote a regular column in the late and much-missed magazine Blues Access, penned an article about a mild heart attack he suffered. At the time of his heart attack, Gussow was in Florida jamming with a young harmonica player named Jason Ricci. Gussow mentioned that he had known Ricci for a couple of years and was amazed at his improvement on the instrument since their first meeting. Over the years, Ricci has struggled mightily with personal and substance problems, has lived and played in the North Mississippi hill country with the Kimbrough family, and has put out a couple of independent releases.
Most recently, he's been playing with Big Al and the Heavyweights. With his band, New Blood, Ricci has just released an absolutely stunning solo CD, titled Feel Good Funk, which could end up being one of the best blues albums of the year. Ricci is not only an amazing harmonica player; he's a very affecting singer as well, and doesn't try for the histrionics like some younger artists might. The CD is a mix of well done covers ("Shake Your Hips," done here as "Hip Shake," "Driftin' Blues," "Everything I Do," and "Scratch My Back") and moody instrumentals which have elements of jazz, funk, and blues mixed in. My favorite tracks are the instrumental tribute to Junior Kimbrough ("Mississippi Mood"), Ricci's take on Charles Brown's "Driftin'," and the romping, stomping "Hip Shake." The title cut, in which Ricci raps and blows over a nasty bass line, is also a keeper. The band also provides outstanding support throughout the disc. For fans of harmonica blues, or just fans of great music, this CD is a 'must own.

https://musdl.com/download скачать.png