06. Fever
07. One Note Samba
08. Fly Me to the Moon
09. Moondance
10. Song for Thielemans
11. Lullaby of Birdland
12. Cry Me a River
13. Twisted

Helen Abbey graduated from the Rose Bruford College of Speech and Drama, London, with a Diploma in Performing Arts. Her singing career started with a regular spot at The Ritz Hotel, London with an acapella group called The Swing Sisters. After taking time out to raise her family, her return to the music world was set when she successfully showcased her talents at 'Pizza on the Park' in Knightsbridge, London. She recently won a place in the finals of the Sony Jazz International competition, 'Search for a New Jazz Star'.
After winning a highly acclaimed award from the Arts Council England, Helen went about bringing her passion for jazz to life. She is well known on the UK East Coast and plays at many venues in this area. On an international level, a collaboration with Italy's top jazz harmonica player, Luigi Ferrara, has brought about her long awaited debut album 'Simply Me'. It delivers the best in a wide range of jazz styles - mainstream standards, swing, ballads, and a sprinkling of original songs. The album is a true reflection of Helen's inimitable smooth style.
REVIEWS
"... an excellent collection of sheer elegance ....her sensitive phrasing nails the end of the lines with crystal clear clarity...Helen's spontaneous vocal is warm, sensuous and makes these beautiful melodies even more intriguing..Helen excels with an ever shifting variety of detail.... totally recognisable songs with beautiful vocals and free flowing instrumentation by a tight rhythm section, a very creditable debut by someone we are going to be hearing a lot more from." Wes Gillespie. EuroClubdeJazz.com
"I'm happy to have to inform that your CD has been very well received by the listeners. ..I love the tone of your voice. You are a consummate stylist. Your interpretation uplifts lyrics and melodies and discovers their inner beauty. You capture the mood of any tune. In short: you are a complete vocalist with a very personal style." João da Penha
Journalist, author and Brazilian music critic.
"What a great voice. This woman's got it". Good band too! Enjoy." Bill Oddie
"She's well qualified to put her musical talents on record. It's a CD brimming with melody.backed by a fine trio...features some superb harmonica playing by Luigi Ferrara. It's a fine debut CD and Helen Abbey's enthusiasm for the music is evident throughout." Alan Crumpton's Jazz Round Up
The mix of material on the album works fine .'Morning Dance' an instrumental (with Helen's lyrics) makes an ideal opening number. Helen gives an effortless rendition and delivers the lyric with gusto.. Musical treats include tasty guitar solos from Tony Sandeman and a homage to Toots Thielemans by harmonica player Luigi Ferrara...Helen is very strong on sustained notes, she can handle songs like 'Cry Me A River' and 'Fly Me To The Moon' with no problem..she definitely charms the birds off the trees!" Jill Goldman. Jazz Singers Network
"Helen Abbey is going to be a star!" Ruth French. Elite Magazine

https://soulnmusic.com/download скачать.png