04. The Day Of (5:12)
05. Offering (4:05)
06. It Is Well (4:04)
07. Unconditional Love (4:56)
08. We Fall Down (3:28)
09. Standing On The Promises (3:02)
10. How Sweet It Is (3:30)
11. Strawberry Letter (3:23)

For a smooth jazz artist David Wells, the title of his first compact disc, "The Day Of," provides insight to this master musician's lengthy career. Wells, a renowned flugelhorn player, was only 9 when he became drawn to the smooth, soulful sounds of the flugelhorn. His father, a pastor for more than 23 years, encouraged Wells and his six siblings to pursue their musical talents. Wells received private lessons from some of the most well- known trumpet instructors in the nation. Growing up in a large, musical family, Wells said he had the encouragement to diligently prepare for and pursue excellence with his flugelhorn. Around age 14, he realized music could be a full time job. Through what he termed a "natural progression" Wells, who was born in Vienna, W.
Va.
, and raised in Dallas, Texas, studied trumpet performance at colleges in Texas and Oklahoma. He continued to perform on a part-time basis, while trying to support his wife, Angie, and children, Breckin and Landon. About five years ago, he finally went full-time by taking his talents on the road to share his gift of music with others. "The Day Of..." rally was about the day of reckoning for Wells. It was about his decision to go full time as an instrumentalist and to use his God-given gift to play his music. "I feel God has given me a unique style in playing the flugelhorn," Wells said. "I always thought I was never good enough, but I knew God had a purpose for me and my music. There was no way I would deny Him of the gift that he has given me."Wells decided to pursue his career and work with what he had been given rather than waiting until he felt he was "good enough." He recorded his first CD, which featured popular inspirational songs and hymns, more than two years ago. It quickly was followed by "This is my Father's world," a collection of well-known hymns; "America's Christmas," a collection of timeless holiday classics', "The Music of David Wells," a collection of Well's previously released works and "Ephesians 5:19," a mix of hymns, spiritual songs, and his latest CD "David Wells, Featuring Anthony Burger, Bill Gaither's Pianist." He just released his first music video "Amazing Grace" that is playing across the country on Christian Television. He performs regularly throughout the country, sharing his blend of easy listening, style of music. Wells, a soloist, has brought the attention to the flugelhorn what Kenny G. afforded the saxophone. He said the flugelhorn, which is a type of trumpet, is ideal for reaching, on a spiritual level, those who attend his concerts. "The trumpet itself is more bright and majestic. The flugelhorn is more mellow and soothing. It is reflective in nature, and the music opens people's souls and prepares them to receive the melodic sounds of the Flugelhorn. His concerts can go from 60 minutes up to 90 minutes in length, and he performs at churches, retreats, public theaters, and fairs and festivals throughout the U.S. as a soloist, Wells said he enjoys the intimate relationship he develops with each audience for which he plays. In the past 20 years, Wells has played in different nationally known bands; soloed for various TV ministries and other special events' and ministered in churches, worship teams and special ministry. At the age of 13, he played the horn on his first album for Ms. West Virginia, who later became Ms. America and has played during a Cincinnati Reds baseball game, for the Columbus Blue Jackets on ESPN and at various government events, such as for the West Virginia Governor, state senators and several state legislatures. U.S. Rep. Shelley Moore-Capito, R-W.
Va, said, she has been inspired by Wells' music and called him a consummate professional. "His talent, selfless acts and work with schoolchildren put him in a class by himself," she said. After Sept. 11, 2001 terrorist attacks in New York, Wells' father took copies of his CD "The Day Of..." and distributed them at Ground Zero. Wells said he wanted to provide some measure of comfort to those left with the daunting task of clearing the site. U.S. Sen. John D. Rockefeller, D-W.
Va.
, like many in Wells' home state, was touched by the gesture. "I want to let you know that I am very impressed with your ability to play the flugel. I have taken the liberty of sharing your music with the White House," Rockefeller said. However, Wells remains humbled by his musical talent. He said doesn't seek to attain greatness through his music. Rather, he uses it as a way to help others open their eyes to how they, too, can utilize the gifts God ahs given them. "It's not about me. It's about what God can do through ordinary people," he said. "My purpose and desire is to draw those I minister to into a deeper place of worship." "More than anything else, I want to encourage individuals to recognize and cultivate their God-given fits and calling, regardless of the limitations and barriers before them," he said.

https://soulnmusic.com/download скачать.png