https://i122.fastpic.org/big/2024/0107/57/d6f89a63f40b1910ce5bacfbbe708557.jpeg
Free download скачать Escape of the Amethyst by C. E. Lucas Phillips
English | November 14, 2021 | ISBN: N/A | ASIN: B09CPWCJGZ | 270 pages | PDF | 1.82 Mb
The astounding true story of the ordeal and escape of the British frigate Amethyst from Chinese Communist batteries in the Yangtze River in April 1949.

Ideal for readers of Giles Milton, Maurice Buckmaster and Ben Macintyre.
In the early morning of 20th April 1949, HMS Amethyst was fulfilling orders to travel to Nanking to stand guard for the British Embassy during the height of the Chinese Civil War when she was fired upon by guns from the riverbank.
Shells pounded into the ship, killing the commanding officer and destroyed the bridge before the ship grounded on the bank.
How did the Amethyst escape the battering of Chinese Communist guns?
C. E. Lucas Phillips's Escape of the Amethyst was written with the full assistance of Commander J. S. Kerans, DSO RN, who took over control of the Amethyst, and utilises a wealth of Admiralty records, much of which was previously classified as Secret, to provide a vivid account of this extraordinary moment in the history of the Royal Navy.
'An easy winner for sheer excitement' New Statesman
'It is a great and unique story, and no one could record it more skilfully than C. E. Lucas Phillips, whose book on the Royal Marines' war-time raid on Bordeaux harbour, Cockleshell Heroes, has become a bestseller.' RUSI Journal
An 'epic in the history of the Navy' Admiral Sir Patrick Brind, Commander-in-Chief Far East Fleet.
The escape captured the imagination of the world and the ship received the following message from H.M. King George VI: 'Please convey to the commanding officer and ship's company of H.M.S. Amethyst my hearty congratulations on their daring exploit to rejoin the Fleet. The courage, skill and determination shown by all on board have my highest commendation. Splice the mainbrace.'

Buy Premium From My Links To Get Resumable Support,Max Speed & Support Me

Rapidgator
lybba.rar.html
NitroFlare
lybba.rar
Uploadgig
lybba.rar
Fikper
lybba.rar.html

Links are Interchangeable  - Single Extraction