https://i123.fastpic.org/big/2024/0425/d0/60c972f513f4d4160dbc9290ca7137d0.jpeg
Free download скачать Matthew A. Rozell, "A Train Near Magdeburg: A Teacher's Journey into the Holocaust, and the reuniting of the survivors and liberators, 70 years on"
English | 2016 | pages: 499 | ISBN: 0996480021, 1948155095 | EPUB | 0,5 mb
-From the author of 'The Things Our Fathers Saw' World War II narrative history trilogy-From the book:- 'I survived because of many miracles. But for me to actually meet, shake hands, hug, and cry together with my liberators-the 'angels of life' who literally gave me back my life-was just beyond imagination.'-Leslie Meisels, Holocaust Survivor- 'Battle-hardened veterans learn to contain their emotions, but it was difficult then, and I cry now to think about it. What stamina and regenerative spirit those brave people showed!'-George C. Gross, Liberator- 'Never in our training were we taught to be humanitarians. We were taught to be soldiers.'-Frank Towers, Liberator- 'I cannot believe, today, that the world almost ignored those people and what was happening. How could we have all stood by and have let that happen? They do not owe us anything. We owe them, for what we allowed to happen to them.'-Carrol Walsh, Liberator- '[People say it] cannot happen here in this country; yes, it can happen here. I was 21 years old. I was there to see it happen.'-Luca Furnari, US Army- '[After I got home] I cried a lot. My parents couldn't understand why I couldn't sleep at times.'-Walter 'Babe' Gantz, US Army medic- 'I grew up and spent all my years being angry. This means I don't have to be angry anymore.'-Paul Arato, Holocaust Survivor- 'For the first time after going through sheer hell, I felt that there was such a thing as simple love coming from good people-young men who had left their families far behind, who wrapped us in warmth and love and cared for our well-being.'-Sara Atzmon, Holocaust Survivor- 'It's not for my sake, it's for the sake of humanity, that they will remember.'-Steve Barry, Holocaust SurvivorTHE HOLOCAUST was a watershed event in history. In this book, Matthew Rozell reconstructs a lost chapter-the liberation of a 'death train' deep in the heart of Nazi Germany in the closing days of the World War II. Drawing on never-before published eye-witness accounts, survivor testimony and memoirs, and wartime reports and letters, Rozell brings to life the incredible true stories behind the iconic 1945 liberation photographs taken by the soldiers who were there. He weaves together a chronology of the Holocaust as it unfolds across Europe, and goes back to literally retrace the steps of the survivors and the American soldiers who freed them. Rozell's work results in joyful reunions on three continents, seven decades later. He offers his unique perspective on the lessons of the Holocaust for future generations, and the impact that one person, a teacher, can make.-Featuring testimony from 15 American liberators and over 30 Holocaust survivors-10 custom maps -72 photographs and illustrations, many never before published.-extensive notes and bibliographical referencesIncluded:BOOK ONE-THE HOLOCAUSTBOOK TWO-THE AMERICANSBOOK THREE-LIBERATIONBOOK FOUR-REUNION

Buy Premium From My Links To Get Resumable Support,Max Speed & Support Me

FileFox
sdt7o.rar
Rapidgator
sdt7o.rar.html
Uploadgig
sdt7o.rar

Links are Interchangeable  - Single Extraction