https://i123.fastpic.org/big/2024/0425/cd/b288eedd72ed864d86c4d0c895deedcd.jpeg
Free download скачать Mary Barnard, American Imagist  By  Barnard, Mary; Barnsley, Sarah
2013 | 176 Pages | ISBN: 1438448554 | PDF | 4 MB
Uncovers a new chapter  in the story of American modernist poetry. Perhaps best known for her outstanding  translation of Sappho, poet Mary Barnard (1909-2001) has until recently  received little attention for her own work. In this book, Sarah Barnsley  examines Barnard's poetry and poetics in the light of her plentiful correspondence  with Ezra Pound, William Carlos Williams, and others. Presenting Barnard as a  "late Imagist," Barnsley links Barnard's search for a poetry grounded in native  speech to efforts within American modernism for new forms in the American  grain. Barnsley finds that where Pound and Williams began the campaign for a  modern poetry liberated from the "heave" of the iambic pentameter, Barnard  completed it through a "spare but musical" aesthetic derived from her studies  of Greek metric and American speech rhythms, channeled through materials drawn  direct from the American local. The first book on Barnard, and the first to  draw on the Barnard archives at Yale's Beinecke Library, Mary Barnard, American Imagist unearths a fascinating and  previously untold chapter of twentieth-century American poetry.   "Clearly structured and elegantly  written, Mary Barnard, American Imagist far exceeds any act of routine scholarly 'recovery.' In addition to giving full  recognition to Barnard's superb skills as a translator of Sappho, Sarah  Barnsley also makes a convincing case for her original poetic output and for  her contribution to the evolution of American free verse." - Peter Nicholls, author  of Modernisms: A Literary Guide, Second Edition

Buy Premium From My Links To Get Resumable Support,Max Speed & Support Me

FileFox
a3i5r.rar
Rapidgator
a3i5r.rar.html
Uploadgig
a3i5r.rar

Links are Interchangeable  - Single Extraction