https://i.postimg.cc/bY1GvkrJ/6bdca5a5-74c5-43a3-9180-0f3b9aeae56b.png

FLAC (tracks+cue, log, scans) | 5h 6 min | Genre: Soul, Country, Rhythm & Blues | 1.7 GB

Behind Closed Doors: Where Country Meets Soul [2012]

01 - Aaron Neville - The Grand Tour

02 - Solomon Burke - He'll Have To Go

03 - Percy Sledge - Take  To Know Her

04 - Esther Phillips - I Saw Me

05 - Moses & Joshua Dillard - My Elusive Dreams

06 - Ann Peebles - Ha' On

07 - Bobby Sheen - My Shoes Keep Walking Back To You

08 - Tami Lynn - Wings Upon Your Horns

09 - The Limelites - Before The Next Teardrop Falls

10 - Al Green - I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry

11 - James Carr - Life Turned Her That Way

12 - Candi Staton - He Called Me Baby

13 - Z.Z. Hill - The Chokin' Kind

14 - Joe Simon - Yours, Love

15 - Cookie Jackson - Your Good Girl's Gonna Go Bad

16 - Arthur Alexander - Detroit City

17 - Tony Borders - Gentle On My Mind

18 - Bettye Swann - Don't Touch Me

19 - Clarence Carter - Set Me Free

20 - Little Milton - Behind Closed Doors

21 - Millie Jackson - If You're Not Back In Love By Monday

22 - Joe Tex - Skip A Rope

23 - Brook Benton - She Even Woke Me Up To Say Goodbye

Review

It may open up with Aaron Neville's 1993 rendition of George Jones' classic "The Grand Tour," but Ace's 2012 compilation Behind Closed Doors: Where Country Meets Soul focuses on the golden age of country soul - the late '60s and early '70s, the age when the borders between these two strands of southern American music became decidedly blurring. And many of the 23 cuts on Behind Closed Doors are firmly within the Southern soul tradition - slow, smoky, gritty, and soulful, anchored by languid stride piano and buttressed by muscular horns.

Most of the sides slide by at a slow tempo, rhythms that usually groove to a deep funk and occasionally are given a sweet, smooth soul veneer (the Limelites' "Before the Next Teardrop Falls") but often the proceedings are stately, the better to showcase the singer (Percy Sledge's "Take  to Know Her," Tony Borders' "Gentle On My Mind," Solomon Burke's "He'll Have to Go," Brook Benton's "She Even Woke Me Up to Say Goodbye"). All this slowness means that the cuts that do pick up the tempo really stand out from the pack: Cookie Jackson's take on Tammy Wynette's "Your Good Girl's Gonna Go Bad" blazes, and Moses & Joshua Dillard's ebullient rendition of Wynette & David Houston's "My Elusive Dreams" is positively addictive. But even if there's not a whole lot of variety here, there are plenty of good cuts that capture country-soul at its best.

VA - Where Country Meets Soul - Collection (2012-2016)

Sweet Dreams: Where Country Meets Soul Vol. 2 [2013]

01 - The Sweet Inspirations - But You Know I Love You

02 - William Bell - Please Help Me, I'm Falling

03 - Clarence Carter - Bad News

04 - Hank Ballard - Sunday Morning Comin' Down

05 - The Facts Of Life - Somes

06 - Pat Lundy - Only Mama That'll Walk The Line

07 - Otis Redding - Tennessee Waltz

08 - Bobby Hebb - A Satisfied Mind

09 - Ralph Lamar - Don't Let Me Cross Over

10 - Joe Simon - Help Me Make It Through The Night

11 - Ted Taylor - I'll Release You

12 - Millie Jackson - Sweet Music Man

13 - James Carr - Tell Me My Lying Eyes Are Wrong

14 - Bettye Swann - Don't You Ever Get Tired (Of Hurting Me)

15 - Johnnie Taylor - Sixteen Tons

16 - Bobby Bland - I Hate You

17 - David Ruffin - Statue Of A Fool

18 - Esther Phillips - Sweet Dreams

19 - Eddie James - All I Have To Offer You (Is Me)

20 - Etta James - When I Stop Dreaming

21 - Isaac Hayes - I Can't Help It (If I'm Still In Love With You)

22 - Dorothy Moore - Funny How  Slips Away

23 - Orquestra Was feat. Sweet Pea Atkinson - Forever's A Long, Long

Review

Sweet Dreams: Where Country Meets Soul, Ace's second dip into the country-soul well, is every bit as good as its 2012 predecessor. Basically, it's cut from the same cloth as the first volume, concentrating on recordings from the late '60s but stretching deep into the '70s (Millie Jackson's "Sweet Music Man" dates from 1977), with Ted Taylor's 1962 "I'll Release You" and Orquestra Was' 1996 "Forever's a Long, Long  Ago" functioning as de facto ringers. "Forever's a Long, Long  Ago" may fit aesthetically but certainly not sonically, as it's a crisp digital blast on a collection devoted to warm, lush, analog soul.

There are lingering elements of highly produced, backing vocal-laden soul from the early '60s - the blueprint Ray Charles wrote on his trailblazing Modern Sounds in Country & Western music in 1961 - but nearly all of this is deep southern soul, either slow-burning laments or sweaty, horn-punctuated workouts (Johnnie Taylor's funky reworking of "Sixteen Tons" is unexpected and wonderful). This is the sound of the south, where the lines between country and soul blurred beyond recognition, producing magnificent music. There are no hits here - indeed, some of this is even unearthed, including James Carr's "Tell Me My Lying Eyes Are Wrong" - but that only illustrates how deep the country-soul river ran: it was a constant among a certain brand of soul singer, as this splendid collection makes plain. With any luck, there will be a Volume 3 on the horizon.

Cold Cold Heart: Where Country Meets Soul Vol. 3 [2014]

01 - Percy Sledge - True Love Travels On A Gravel Road

02 - Ma Joseph - Touch Your Woman

03 - George Benson - My Woman's Good To Me

04 - Solomon Burke - Beautful Brown Eyes

05 - Clarence ''Frogman'' Henry - Hummin' A Heartache

06 - The Temptations - Little Green Apples

07 - Bo Kirkland and Ruth Davis - Easy Lovin'

08 - Little Johnny Taylor - Big Blue Diamonds

09 - Arthur Alexander - I Hang My Head And Cry

10 - Cornell Gunter & The Cornells - Wishful Thinking

11 - The Supremes - It Makes No Difference Now

12 - The Mirettes - Stand By Your Man

13 - Bobby Bland - Who Will The Next Fool Be

14 - Laura Lee - Another Man's Woman, Another Woman's Man

15 - Johnny Adams - Cold Cold Heart

16 - Bettye Swann - Till I Get It Right

17 - Ralph ''Soul'' Jackson - Jambalaya

18 - Brook Benton - Tender Years

19 - Ona Watson - Take This Job And Shove It

20 - Esther Phillips - Too Late To Worry, Too Blue To Cry

21 - O.C. Smith - Long Black Limousine

22 - Little Milton - Whenever You Come Around

23 - Willie Clayton - When I Think About Cheating

24 - The Isley Brothers - The Most Beautiful Girl

Review

If the release of Cold Cold Heart proves anything, it's that Where Country Meets Soul is one of Ace Records' most popular series of the 2010s. If this third volume proves anything else, it's that the well of country-soul has hardly been tapped dry by compiler Tony Rounce and the label. Apart from a handful of tracks cut in the early '60s right in the wake of Ray Charles' groundbreaking Modern Sounds in Country & Western Music plus a few sides cut in the disco era or later, Cold Cold Heart is firmly grounded in the late-'60s heyday of soul music.

While there aren't many, if any, hits here at all, there are plenty of soul stalwarts usually sig songs that are pretty close to standards: Percy Sledge with "True Love Travels on a Gravel Road," Solomon Burke takes on "Beautiful Brown Eyes," the Supremes with "It Makes No Difference Now," Bobby Bland on "Who Will the Next Fool Be," Brook Benton easing into "Tender Years," and Johnny Adams with the title track. Elsewhere, either the performers or the tunes might not have household recognition but the sound does. This is all slow-burning, seductive, full-bodied soul and this third volume of Where Country Meets Soul isn't only as satisfying as the previous two, it whets the appetite for a fourth.

Out Of Left Field: Where Soul Meets Country [2016]

01 - Daaron Lee - Who's Making Love

02 - Jeannie C Riley - He Made A Woman Out Of Me

03 - Hank Williams Jr - Out Of Left Field

04 - Waylon Jennings & Willie Nelson - The Dock Of The Bay

05 - Anita Carter - I've Been Loving You Too Long

06 - Bobby Bare - Find Out What's Happening

07 - Skeeter Davis - Only The Strong Survive

08 - Jerry Reed - It Tears Me Up

09 - Linda Martell - Color Him Father

10 - Sonny James - When Something Is Wrong With My Baby

11 - Don Gibson - Starting All Over Again

12 - Johnny Paycheck - She's All I Got

13 - O. B. McClinton - You Don't Miss Your Water

14 - Freddy Fender - You'll Lose A Good Thing

15 - Archie Campbell & Lorene Mann - Warm And Tender Love

16 - Ronnie Milsap - Any Day Now

17 - Tanya Tucker - Baby I'm Yours

18 - Mel Street - I Found Someone Of My Own

19 - Conway Twitty & Loretta Lynn - Pickin' Wild Mountain Berries

20 - The Kendalls - Dark End Of The Street

21 - Razzy Bailey - Scratch My Back (And Whisper In My Ear)

22 - Billie Jo Spears - Do Right Woman Do Right Man

23 - David Allen Coe - He Will Break Your Heart

24 - Johnny Cash - Look At Them Beans

Review

Not a set of country-styled soul music - as you might guess from the title - and instead a package that shows the undeniable influence that soul music songs had on the sound of country music in the 60s and 70s! The flipside of the scene has been well-documented on collections of western-tinged soul music we've stocked in the past - but this great set is the first we've ever heard to show the way that country singers were able to easily pick up hit soul songs of the , then recraft them completely with a whole new sort of style!

The blue-tinged message of these tunes is universal - and has equally great power in the hands of these artists you might not identify with the tracks, but who really get their vibe, and go out of their way to rework the lyrics with different arrangements that help bring the music to a whole new audience. Titles include "Who's Making Love" by Daaron Lee, "He Made A Woman Out Of Me" by Jeanne C Riley, "Baby I'm Yours" by Tanya Tucker, "Only The Strong Survive" by Skeeter Davis, "I've Been Loving You Too Long" by Anita Carter, "You Don't Miss Your Water" by OB McClinton, "He Will Break Your Heart" by David Allen Coe, "Look At Them Beans" by Johnny Cash, "Pickin Wild Mountain Berries" by Loretta Lynn & Conway Twitty, "Dark End Of The Street" by The Kendalls, and "Scratch My Back" by Razzy Bailey.

Ace spent three volumes chronicling country-soul, digging out the best country songs sung by soul singers. Their 2016 Out of Left Field: Where Soul Meets Country flips the equation, presenting 24 soul songs as sung by country singers. Compiler Tony Rounce doesn't limit himself to the '60s and '70s, commonly seen as the heyday of country-soul, which is to the collection's benefit; by having this extend all the way into 1993, it forces listeners to reckon with just how deeply the Southern sounds of country and soul are intertwined. Such an extensive  frame does mean that there's a great variety of production styles on display - Don Gibson's 1978 rendition of "Starting All Over Again" flirts with smooth soft rock, Chips Moman's precise '80s production takes the edge off of David Allan Coe, and Hank Jr.'s 1993 take on "Out of Left Field" has a digital gleam - but the strength of this collection is how the sensibility shines through the varying sounds. Throughout it all, these country singers - Bobby Bare, Waylon & Willie, Johnny Paycheck, Tanya Tucker, Jerry Reed, Conway & Loretta, and Johnny Cash are all featured - not only tackle R&B standards but are informed by soulful phrasing. While some of these singers always have shown a soulful edge - Ronnie Milsap is as good a blue-eyed soul singer as there is - the revelation of this wildly enjoyable collection is how both pure Nashville vocalists and outlaws drew lasting inspiration from soul.

download скачать
uploadgig

Код:
https://uploadgig.com/file/download скачать/f791bca0B37867b5/sKZUcuGf_WhereCMScol.part1.rar
https://uploadgig.com/file/download скачать/6e6c130e88fD8c32/sKZUcuGf_WhereCMScol.part2.rar

rapidgator

Код:
https://rapidgator.net/file/950b0cbd296d6f88d7295ac8ca650579/sKZUcuGf_WhereCMScol.part1.rar
https://rapidgator.net/file/daf3b7e3c14ddde749f290895c1c1138/sKZUcuGf_WhereCMScol.part2.rar

nitroflare

Код:
https://nitroflare.com/view/39785BE05AFFC64/sKZUcuGf_WhereCMScol.part1.rar
https://nitroflare.com/view/61657CBD4E22C62/sKZUcuGf_WhereCMScol.part2.rar