https://abload.de/img/paleo.smoothies.-.120ekjtw.jpg
Paleo Smoothies - 120 Delicious Paleo Smoothie Recipes for Alkalizing, Detoxing, Weight Loss
epub | 1.09 MB | English | Author :Campbell, Kristine |  2014 | Edesia

Book Description :

Smoothie Makers' Handbook: 120 Paleo Smoothie Recipes for Alkalizing, Detoxing, Weight Loss and Optimal Health

Preface

Through the years I have been on a search for the perfect health food. Something quick, nourishing, and above all, tasty! I feel proud and excited to let you in on my little secret - Paleolithic (Paloe) smoothies. In this book you will find all my tricks to make your very own smoothies and what makes Paleo smoothies so special. You will be blending your way to better health in no time!

Introduction

Let me share a little bit about my story and how Paleo smoothies came into my life. I have always been inspired by a more natural, healthy lifestyle. My mother instilled this in me by offering well balanced meals as I grew up. As a mother, I have taken her ideas and run with them. I strive to provide wholesome meals for my own two children every day.

Getting the Most Out of Paleo Smoothies

This book, like many new healthy habits (and exercise equipment for that matter), can help a lot or a little depending on how you apply yourself to it. Here are a couple of hints on how to get the best bang for your buck out of the material I share with you:

Squeezing the Most Out of Your Health

Ask yourself a very important question; why do you want to improve your health? It may seem like a simple question, but many times there may be a deeper answer beneath the surface. Yes you want to feel and look better, but are you trying to prove to yourself so that you can be a healthier person than you've ever been before? Or maybe you are trying to set a good, healthy foundation for your children.

What is a Paleo Diet All About, Anyway?

Paleo is short for Paleolithic, which basically refers to the way that our ancestors ate in the Paleo age. This era ended about 10,000 years ago and existed before the advent of modern agriculture. What does that mean to you? Here is a quick list of things included and excluded from the Paleo way of eating:

Translating Paleo into Smoothies

Understandably, not everyone has the time or energy to turn their eating habits upside down. That is why Paleo smoothies are such a life saver! You can simply throw a few simply prepped ingredients into a blender, whiz it up, and you instantly have a nutritious meal or snack that your body will love you for. You can even take them on the go. The following are a few simple hints on how to get from a meat-eating caveman, to a smoothie sipping pro:

Smoothies or Juices; What is the Better Choice?

First of all, what is the difference between a juice and a smoothie? A juice is a drink that contains the liquid from its ingredients, usually fruits and vegetables. It does not contain the fiber of the ingredients. A Smoothie, on the other hand, is simply a mixture of blended ingredients. Check out the pros and cons of both smoothies and juices:

Tools of the Smoothie Trade

One of the great things about making smoothies is that you only need a handful of tools to get started and most of them you probably already have in your kitchen! Let's take a look at each tool.

It's All in the Mix: Choosing the Right Ingredients

Paleo smoothies rely heavily on a great base of delicious fruits and vegetables. Here we'll take a look at what ingredients are Paleo and which are not:

The Sweet Debate

Sugar is quite a sticky subject when it comes to eating a perfectly Paleo diet. It is generally agreed upon that refined sugar, like table sugar and high fructose corn syrup, should be avoided. That's because of their link to obesity and other health conditions, as shown in several studies. While the results of this research seem to be shaky, for some, it's enough to scare them off from using refined sugars altogether.

A Word on Vegetable Smoothies

When one is on a search for Paleo smoothie recipes, or any type of smoothie recipe for that matter, it is rare that you will come across one that is made of only vegetables. The vegetable smoothies you will find are generally mixed with fruit of some kind. In this book you will find several smoothies that contain only fresh and delicious veggie combinations. So give them a try!

From Farm to Blender

It is very important that you choose the tastiest and most fresh produce you can get your hands on. A good rule of thumb when it comes to picking out fresh fruits and vegetables is to look for vibrant colors and little or no bruising on the produce.

Produce of the Rainbow

Edible plants are colorful for a reason. They look beautiful, which entices you to eat them. Depending on the color of the ingredients you put in your smoothies, you will reap different nutrients and benefits. Here is a guide to a variety of delicious Paleo smoothie ingredients and the nutrients they offer:

Tips and Tricks

There are a lot of little things you can do to make your smoothie experience easier and more rewarding. Planning ahead and getting organized makes smoothie preparation so easy you could do it in your sleep. So check out these simple hints that will help streamline your smoothie making.

Making it Your Own

Recipes, as they say, are simply a guideline as to how to make a dish. It's no different with the smoothie recipes you will find in this book. You may find yourself wanting to tweak things here and there. I highly recommend this! The recipes here are by no means strict guidelines, so get creative.

The New You: Paleo Smoothies as a New Part of Your Everyday Life

So maybe you are already well versed in the art of smoothie making and you'd like to take it to the next level. Or perhaps you are new to smoothie making, but very serious about it. It sounds like you are ready to make Paleo smoothies an integral part of your life. Here's how to make smoothies more than just a hobby.

Smoothie Recipes

Now it's time to get to the good stuff- the smoothies! Each smoothie is placed under a subcategory to help you decide how best to use each tasty drink. There are smoothies that fall into the following classifications:

Alkalizing Smoothies

You've probably heard all the buzz about alkaline food, but what's the deal? Natural Health experts believe that when the body's pH is acidic, it leads to a variety of ailments including cancer. A balanced body pH means that your system works at optimal performance and anything less can possibly make you sick. The best way to alkalize the body is to eat a good amount of fresh fruits and vegetables. This gets the body back on track and, wards off illness.

Pink Grapefruit and Cashew Smoothie

Creamy and smooth with a punch of protein, this bright smoothie is the perfect way to start any day. You may never think to pair grapefruit and cashe, but let me tell you, it is a winning combination! And even though this recipe is hearty, it's refreshing acidity will make your senses tingle. That's why I highly recommend it as an eye-opening, yet filling breakfast.

Cucumber, Orange, and Chia Frappe

More of a juice than a smoothie (because of the ingredient's low fiber content), this invigorating frappe alkalizes and hydrates the body. That is why this drink is perfect for right after a strenuous workout or when it's hot outside. In fact, I highly recommend you add this to the menu for all of your midsummer picnics and sporting events. It's tasty, light, and refreshing.

Basil-Mint Melon Smoothie

Cantaloupe is the most popular variety of melon in the United States and it's easy to see why. Succulently sweet and a great source of beta-carotene, a powerful antioxidant, this fruit is nothing less than a big ball of joy. Here I've dressed it up with a handful of herbs and a touch of extra sweetness. You really can't go wrong!

Peach, Flax, and Raspberry Smoothie

Nothing says luxury to me like the decadent combination of peaches and raspberries. Amazing on their own, when these two ingredients team up it is pure magic. I added an added dose of healthy by sprinkling in some flax meal, an Omega-3 powerhouse. This drink is an all-around winner!

Creamy Watercress and Avocado Smoothie

Watercress is such a delicate and beautiful little green. It adds a peppery flavor to this smooth drink that is very reminiscent of horseradish. I love everything about this smoothie and with the little watercress leaves for garnish, it's as gorgeous as it is tasty.

Super Alkalizing Smoothie

Adding fruits and vegetables that alkalize the body help you to stay balanced and nip illnesses in the bud. This smoothie includes some of the most powerful alkalizing vegetables like cucumber and avocado, which is exactly how this drink got its alkalizing super hero identity.

Detoxing Smoothies

I hate to say it, but our modern day world can be a scary place. There are toxins at every turn that can weigh down and poison the body. Pesticides, car exhaust, and plastic leeching out into our food are just a few toxins that many of us face on a daily basis.

Royal Grape and Beet Smoothie

Purple has said to be the color of royalty. You will definitely feel like a dignitary while drinking this smoothie. It's absolutely teeming with antioxidants! It's also an amazing way to get veggies into your diet. The rich purple color lures in smoothie lovers of all ages. Also, since this smoothie is sweet, it's difficult to taste the detoxifying beets that are hidden inside.

Cucumber, Chile, and Lime Smoothie

One of my favorite summertime treats for my family is sliced fresh cucumbers with a squeeze of lime and a sprinkling of salt and cayenne. I'm happy to share this spicy treat with you in the form of a smoothie. It's satisfying at the same time light and refreshing.

Cilantro-Lime Pineapple Smoothie

When you think cilantro, you may think of salsa, but this smoothie is anything but. This zesty herb adds a tantalizing freshness that tickles your taste buds while purifying your body. Cilantro has been used to cleanse the blood of heavy metals like mercury and lead. You can feel great unwinding with this smoothie because it fills you up with healthy fats and fiber while taking a bit of toxic weight off of your shoulders.

Beet, Cucumber, and Dill Frappe

Our modern day lives expose us to a myriad of toxins. Whether it is car exhaust or pesticides, it all adds to our toxic load. Beets are thought to have the amazing ability to cleanse poisons like these from the body. This simple frappe will refresh you, while alkalizing and purifying your body of the toxins we accumulate on a daily basis.

Refreshing Red Berry Smoothie

To our ancient hunter-gatherer ancestors, berries were the ultimate treat. From branch to belly, these little bundles of joy provided a powerful dose of energy along with antioxidants and their fair share of fiber. Today you can reap the same benefits! This smoothie is homage to our Paleo friends' favorite snack with a combination of tasty berries freshened up with some delicious herbs.

Ginger-Veg Smoothie

Why settle for just getting a serving of fruits or vegetables? Get both with this smoothie. It is a perfectly balanced taste combination of sweet fruits and green veggies. The addition of ginger adds freshness for an addictive fruit and vegetable marriage.

Antioxidant-Rich Smoothies for Anti-Aging

Let's face it; unfortunately there is no fountain of youth like the one in the fairy tales. Paleo smoothies, however, are the next best thing. Anti-aging experts believe that the aging process is accelerated by charged molecules called free radicals. They bump into cells in the body, robbing them of their electrons, which ultimately wreaks havoc and causing accelerated aging.

Spinach, Raisin, and Pear Smoothie

This smoothie is inspired by a mouthwatering salad that you would find at a high-end restaurant. It's is so deliciously sweet, though, that you'd never guess there is a leafy green in the mix. It's a great fix for those times when you are cravings something sweet. With the fiber, iron, and vitamin C that this drink offers, you will never have to feel guilty about giving in.

Coconut-Cherry Smoothie

Fresh cherries are such an amazing treat. If you are lucky enough to get your hands on some sweet dark cherries, you will be delighted to know that you are fortifying your body with a ton of antioxidants. Regardless of the variety, the nutrients in cherries have also been thought to strengthen the walls of blood veins, preventing ugly varicose and spider veins. Not a bad perk for this mouth-watering smoothie.

Green Tea, Grape, and Spinach Frappe

This frappe is one of my all-time favorite drinks. If you are a green tea lover, you will go nuts for it. The grassy flavor of the spinach accentuates the tea perfectly and grapes add a subtle sweetness. The antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals in this tasty concoction are just icing on the cake.

Coconut, Mango, and Carrot Smoothie

The flavor profile of a mango is decadent and complex. Some have said that they detect notes of peach, orange, and even carrot when tasting a ripe mango. This smoothie accentuates that delicious carrot flavor by adding in a little bit more of this slightly sweet vegetable. Because mango and carrot are such a perfect marriage, you'd never guess that you are reaping the benefits of extra fiber and Beta Carotene that carrot has to offer.

Lemon-Blueberry Smoothie

Sneaking vegetables into sweet smoothies, I have to say, is a hobby of mine. I've done it yet again, by throwing a bit of red cabbage into this smoothie that you will never taste. Put a glass of this blueberry concoction in the hand of your pickiest eaters, and you may find the ticket to getting ant-aging antioxidants into their diet.

Rosemary-Grape Smoothie

Don't let this smoothie fool you. It only has a few ingredients, but has an invigoratingly complex flavor. The subtle rosemary taste adds something special to candy-sweet apples and grapes. Try this one frozen, too!

Turmeric-Mango Smoothie

I am a huge fan of Indian cuisine. With the combination of warm spices and decadent fruits, chutneys are definitely included in my Indian favorites. That is exactly what inspired me to make this smoothie. Turmeric is a spice that is an Indian favorite and it pairs perfectly with the succulently sweet flavor that mango has to offer. The best part is that turmeric offers tons of antioxidants.

Low Fructose Smoothies

If you are one of the many people out there who need to cut back on your fructose consumption, this section is for you! These recipes include vegetable-based smoothies and also fruit smoothies that are a little lower in fructose than the other smoothies in this book.

Spicy Broccoli Bloody Mary

Forget the cocktail! Renew yourself after a long day with this delicious smoothie. Relax knowing that you will be bolstering up your immune system with vitamin C and tons of antioxidants. Better yet, invite friends over and share this mock-tail with them. They'll be shocked and delighted when they learn that they just drank a boat load of healthy vegetables!

Zesty Guacamole Smoothie

Ever had a batch of guacamole that was so tasty you with you could just drink it up with a straw? Here's your chance. Even if you don't fall into that category, you will love this smoothie. It's light and refreshing, yet at the same time smooth and satisfying. All of your favorite guacamole ingredients are teamed up in just the right amounts to make for a delicious spicy treat.

Tangy Green Apple and Sprout Smoothie

When you think about sprouts, you may think of them as one of those ingredients only health nuts are into. Even though sprouts sometimes have up to twice the amount of nutrients as their seed counterparts, these sprouts taste nothing like rabbit food. They add a fresh taste to the lip-puckering sour apple flavor of this smoothie that health nuts, and everyone else, can appreciate.

Grapefruit-Fresee Frappe

Forget that tired old grapefruit for breakfast. Try this zippy smoothie instead. It's got a complex flavor and the eye opening brightness that only a grapefruit can offer. Start your day the right way with this nutritious smoothie.

Collard, Cucumber, and Dill Frappe

For me, the heavy green flavor of dark leafy vegetables has been an acquired taste. That doesn't apply to this smoothie. Because of the addition of fresh flavors like dill, cucumber, and citrus this smoothie is light and refreshing. It's a tasty combination that, if you are not a greens person, you will be glad you tried.

Green Smoothies

Green smoothies are super popular right now and it's really easy to see why. Green vegetables offer a wide variety of vitamins, mineral, antioxidants, and phytonutrients. All of these things add up to all around better health for those who drink them.

Creamy Lime and Spinach Smoothie

Dreamy and creamy, this smoothie is like a melted popsicle in a cup. And even though it's green, you'd never guess by its bright and fresh flavor that spinach has worked its way into the mix. Don't let the sweet, light flavor fool you either. This smoothie is packed with iron, protein, and fiber which make for a substantial drink.

Super Green Zucchini Smoothie

This smoothie is dedicated to all of the die-hard green smoothie addicts out there. This is the most hard core leafy green smoothie in this book. Please don't let that scare you off, though. The fresh lime lightens up the flavor quite a bit. There's even a bit of neutral zucchini thrown in the mix for a balanced, yet unmistakably green, drink.

Fresh Pea and Mint Smoothie

We've all heard of the timeless combination of peas and mint, but have you ever considered it smoothie worthy? After one sip of this creative concoction, you will be a believer. Not to mention that peas are an excellent source of iron and vitamin C. What a spectacular way to get your daily dose of veggies!

Green Kiwi-Asparagus Smoothie

What? Asparagus? That's what you will be saying after a few sips of this tangy-sweet drink. With all of the fruity ingredients, this secret vegetable is virtually undetectable. And besides, how many opportunities will you get to add raw asparagus to your diet? Take the chance; you will be so glad you did!

Get Your Greens Smoothie

When you think of a powerhouse of nutrition, dark leafy greens always come to mind. They are a great source of vitamins like B, K, C, and E along with many essential minerals. This smoothie is a great one for those of you who are trying to become more accustomed to the flavor of greens. That's because I paired them up with tangy green apple and sweet bananas for a smoothie that is green, but with a hint of sweetness.

Energizing Smoothies

We have many demands on any given day and it's not uncommon to feel drained. These smoothies help to replenish that which was taken from you by fortifying your body with fiber, healthy fats, vitamins, and minerals. These smoothies will fill you up, refuel, and delight you.

Hydrating Coconut-Peach Smoothie

Believe it or not, coconut water has been administered to dehydrated patients via IV straight into their veins. This is because it is perfectly balanced to restore the body's fluids and is full of electrolytes. After a long day at work or a good workout, it's not uncommon to feel dehydrated. This soothing smoothie is the perfect way to replenish your body's water balance while indulging in a delicious treat.

Satisfying Arugula-Pear Smoothie

Sweet and succulent pears team up with peppery arugula and creamy almond milk for a perfectly balanced smoothie. Forget about the coffee, grab this satisfying smoothie for breakfast instead! It's packed with fiber, protein, and healthy fats that will keep you energized and full until your long awaited lunch break.

Decadent Coconut-Fig Smoothie

I bet you never thought that a smoothie could be sexy. This thick concoction features exotic ingredients like cocoa nibs, fresh figs, and shredded coconut. Cocoa, especially in its raw form, is thought to cause the brain to experience feelings of love. So break the mold and impress the apple of your eye on date night with this seductive smoothie.

Cinnamon-Zucchini Smoothie

Growing up, my mom always treated us to a loaf of moist zucchini bread in midsummer when her garden was bursting with summer squash. This smoothie is a take on this bread, showing zucchini's sweeter side. It's rich and delicious; you'd never be able to guess that there is a healthy vegetable in the mix.

Sweet Nut and Seed Smoothie

Holy plant protein! I threw just about every nut and seed I could think of into this smoothie. When you are making your own, feel free to experiment with different additions until you get your perfect mix. When I'm faced with a serious gnawing hunger, this is just what the doctor ordered. The combination of protein, fiber, and satisfying fats is what I'm looking for to stay filled up.

Watermelon-Basil Frappe

This frappe is meant to be shared. Watermelons, due to their large size and short shelf life, are not a fruit you can eat all by yourself. For this reason, I highly recommend making this smoothie for a party or get together. You can use the entire watermelon in one shot while delighting guests with a healthy and energizing treat.

Ginger-Date Smoothie

Ginger is thought to have incredible immune-boosting abilities. For this reason, whenever I feel myself starting to come down with something, this is my go-to drink. There's even a big dose of vitamin C from the oranges to help you ward off what ails you. Because this smoothie is so lusciously sweet, it is also a great way to get kids to take their medicine.

Plum-Pecan Smoothie

My daughter is absolutely crazy about plums. I formulated this smoothie for her and it really hits the spot. I throw in some nutty pecans for extra protein. Now whenever she's in a hurry and in need of something satisfying before school or a sporting event, we just throw this handful of ingredients in the blend and she's good to go.

Weight Loss Smoothies

If you are you are you are looking for new natural ways to shed a few pounds, look no further. Smoothies are a simple answer to your weight loss concerns that don't jeopardize your health like other more restrictive diets can.

Eight Vegetable Smoothie

Your mom always told you to eat your vegetables and this smoothie will definitely do the trick. It's just like the famous juice, but with the added benefit of fiber. And with so many vitamins and minerals, it's like a multivitamin in a glass. Smart and delicious, with every sip of this smoothie, you make your mother proud!

Blackberry-Apple Smoothie

Can you say super fruit? Blackberries are a powerhouse of health-boosting nutrients like phytochemicals and antioxidants, which may help fight cancer. But that's not even why I recommend this smoothie for weight loss. This is the smoothie to grab when you are craving something sweet, but don't want to go overboard. It helps you get your sugar fix without cheating.

Zesty Gazpacho Smoothie

Traditionally a cold soup, gazpacho makes for an amazing smoothie inspiration. This zesty combination of tomatoes, peppers, and cucumber wakes up your senses with sensation of a chilled smoothie on your tongue along with the warm heat that comes from the chilies. Jazz up a boring lunch by adding this to the menu. It's the perfect mid-day pick me up!

Cucumber, Pepper, and Chive Smoothie

This smoothie is also known around my house as the Garden Vegetable Smoothie. That's because I love to throw the vegetables that I usually have too many of into one undeniably delicious green smoothie. It works out great because I get to use extra produce and the combination is really tasty.

Jicama-Citrus Smoothie

If you've never had the pleasure of sinking your teeth into a jicama before, you are in for a pleasant surprise. This root vegetable is crisp with a refreshing, while at the same time slightly starchy flavor. That's why I married it here with a plethora of fresh citrus flavors. This smoothie is bright and delicious with a ton of beneficial fiber.

Herbed Tomato Smoothie

With a tantalizing combination of fresh tomatoes, herbs, and just a drizzle of olive oil, this smoothie is so tasty it could definitely pass for a cold soup. It is an amazing way to get your daily dose of raw vegetables, which nutritionally surpass those that are cooked. Whether this smoothie is served in a bowl or with a straw, it's sure to please your taste buds and reinforce your weight loss efforts.

Smoothies for Kids

We all know how difficult it can be to get kids to eat a healthy, well-balanced diet. They are sensitive to flavors and textures that we, as adults, just can't relate to. Trust me, Paleo smoothies are the answer to all of your prayers.

Cinnamon-Raisin Smoothie

My favorite desserts are often an inspiration for new smoothie endeavors, and this one is no different. The all-too-familiar flavor combination of carrots, cinnamon, and raisins make me think of carrot cake. With no gluten or refined sugars, I think this is even better. Try the variation below and you will believe too.

Creamy Cocoa-Mint Smoothie

Cocoa nibs are often dubbed a super food and it's easy to see why. Each little nugget offers a sizable dose of magnesium as well as fiber and healthy fats. Chemicals in chocolate also have been thought to give you a euphoric feeling. Your kids will have no problem falling in love with this mouth-watering smoothie.

Spiced Peach and Almond Smoothie

While we eat peaches all the time in this country, they are actually native to China. Wherever they come from, they are sweet, juicy, and packed with potassium. The peaches in this smoothie have been spiced up with a sprinkling of exotic spices like cardamom and cinnamon. There's no better way to enjoy this decadent fruit.

Pumpkin-Cinnamon Smoothie

Ready to indulge? This smoothie feels like dessert while filling you and your family up for the long day ahead. And the best part, it tastes just like pie! This recipe is perfect for kids, too. They'd never guess that they are fueling up on fiber, beta-carotene, healthy fats, and antioxidants. It's a treat for your taste buds as well as your health.

Apple and Red Cabbage Smoothie

Not a fan of cabbage? Drink your this nutritious vegetable instead of eating it and still reap all the benefits. This smoothie is a chock-full of vitamin C, A, and K. The best part is that you can barely taste the cabbage! You'd be amazed at what you can sneak into a smoothie with a foundation of delicious, yet healthful, ingredients like almond milk, apples, and bananas.

Cauliflower-Blueberry Smoothie

This smoothie's got kid friendly written all over it! Everything from its tempting berry fragrance to that off-the-hook purple color screams "drink me" to kids. And the best part is the undetectable cauliflower, which on any other occasion; children may turn their nose up at. But if the idea of cauliflower won't send your little ones running for the hills, get them involved by adding the secret ingredient in to the blender themselves.

Kale and Sweet Potato Pie Smoothie

Ahh the joys of a freshly baked sweet potato pie! But with that gluten-laden crust and the added sweetener, traditional sweet potato pie is a far reach from being Paleo. This rich drink gives you the best of both worlds with a thick smoothie that is Paleo friendly. It's also bursting with fiber, protein, vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. The best little bonus is the secret ingredient, kale!

Tropical Fruit Smoothie

Break out the beach chairs and sun hats; it's time for a trip to the beach! While you and your family may not have the opportunity to step out of your house today, but this smoothie will make you feel like you are in the Bahamas. It features a mouthwatering combination of luscious tropical fruits. They are packed with antioxidants, and the best part, they are absolutely delicious!

Advanced Smoothies

Ready to take your Paleo smoothies to the next level? This section is all about smoothies that are a little more daring. They are wonderful for the more experienced smoothie veterans or smoothie drinkers that want something a little more exotic.

Raspberry-Rosemary Herbal Smoothie

Ready for something a little outside the box? This mouthwatering smoothie is a combination of tart raspberries, sweet red apple, and an effervescent twist. Rosemary adds just a little something that will leave you thinking, and wanting more! Try sharing this daring drink and see if your friends and family can guess the secret ingredient.

Sweet Curry-Cantaloupe Smoothie

Melons and curry is a match made in heaven. I capitalized on this natural love by making it into a

Category : | Juicer Recipes, Non-Alcoholic Beverages, Juices & Smoothies

download скачать link Here 
Hosters
Rapidgator | Nitroflare | Ddownload |Uploaded |

Thanks for downloading Paleo Smoothies - 120 Delicious Paleo Smoothie Recipes for Alkalizing, Detoxing, Weight Loss :