Tracklist:
01. Fools Fall In Love (4:52)
02. Can't We Be Friends (4:56)
03. I'm Travelin' Light (2:53)
04. Call Me Irresponsible (2:58)
05. Soul Eyes (3:55)
06. I Can Hardly Wait (3:21)
07. All In Fun (4:32)
08. You're Getting To Be A Habit With Me (3:59)
09. The Day I Found You (4:27)
10. Dance With Me (3:39)
11. You Must Believe In Spring (4:50)
12. Fun To Be Fooled (3:56)
13. Willow Creek (5:13)
14. There's Never Been A Better Day (3:27)
15. How Little We Know (3:04)
16. We'll Be Together Again (5:12)
17. Love Won't Let You Get Away (3:03)
18. My Impetuous Heart (3:26)

She's come a long, long way from the time she set the jingle world on end by singing those three syllables, "mmm-mmm-good," and kicking off a commercial idolization of Campbells Soup. My Impetuous Heart, Marlene Ver Planck's 16th album and first for DRG, makes manifest that her voice is as light, lilting, clear, and entertaining as it ever was, maybe even more so. Her backing on this album, with the Hank Jones Trio taking the lion's share of accompanying duties, is as impeccable as the playlist, which blends standards with some compositions that aren't performed often.
There are guest appearances by George Shearing, Marian McPartland, and Bucky Pizzarelli on a couple of the cuts.
Ver Planck is blessed with an unsurpassed sense of timing and phrasing. Listen to her with Hank Jones on the "Friends" medley "Can't We Be Friends" and "Just Friends." Those small pauses between phrases has the listener waiting in anticipation for the next line. No matter what the style, Ver Planck handles it with aplomb. She's bouncy with "Call Me Irresponsible," where Jones gets some solo time, and she's soulful on "Fools Fall in Love." Ver Planck doesn't scat -- at least not very much -- but engages in sophisticated cooing and humming on "...Irresponsible" and on the introduction to Mal Waldron's "Soul Eyes." Pizzarelli's guitar does melodic but unobtrusive yeoman work in support as Ver Planck caresses haunting lyrics penned by the undervalued vocalist Bev Kelly. Excellent playing by Hank Jones' regular bass player, Gary Mazzaroppi, prevails as he weaves in and out with Ver Planck on "Travelin' Light." Ver Planck and Jones deliver "You're Getting to Be a Habit With Me" as a ballad. The slower pace permits greater appreciation of the lyrics, which often get glossed over by the breakneck speed in which this tune is usually performed. Ver Planck displays her poignant, melancholy side with a heartrending interpretation of "You Must Believe in Spring," and does so without being maudlin. George Shearing shows up to assist in the presentation of the cabaret favorite "All in Fun." Among the less familiar but listenable material is "Willow Creek"; Marian McPartland joins with Ver Planck on this wistful tune, which McPartland wrote with Loonis McGlohon. The inviting "Dance With Me Outside," introduced with some of that sophisticated cooing, is a cosmopolitan vocalist/trio rendering reminiscent of a small, cozy (and expensive) New York City Lounge. It's an intimate setting, with musicians delivering a slightly off-center tune.
Marlene Ver Planck is among those contemporary "veteran" performers who are in the upper tier of jazz pop singers, along with the likes of Carol Sloane and Sue Raney. Never dull, the performances here are filled with delightful surprises, and the amazingly facile Ver Planck possesses an extraordinary feel for her songs, a feel which she then passes on to the listener. ~Review by Dave Nathan

https://musdl.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/download скачать.png