10. Your Summer Dream
11. Something Stupid
12. I Thought About You
13. Begin The Beguine
14. In The Wee Small Hours Of The Morning
15. Things Are Looking Up
16. Desafinado
17. The Party's Over

Getting her start as a standup comedienne, in the early '90s Jennifer Trainor began to direct her efforts toward shaping a singing career by cutting her performing teeth at small clubs and piano bars in and around the Boston area. Her first CD is a conglomeration of favorite standards mixed with more modern pop material. The only assistance she gets is from Doug Hammer, who augments his piano with the use of keyboard and synthesizer. The latter forms the basis for a string-laden, but enchanting rendition of "In the Wee Small Hours of the Morning." But when Hammer sticks with the straightforward acoustic piano, the subtleties in Trainor's phrasing become evident on "Good Morning Heartache" and "Desafinado." These nuances are not fully exploited when Hammer turns to the keyboard for the ersatz organ sound. Trainor can also be peppy and preppy when she dives into pop favorites, including "How Can I Be Sure," which was popularized by David Cassidy. But she is also not afraid to take on lesser-known material. There is a credible reading of one of Barry Manilow's lesser-known efforts, the lilting "I Was a Fool to Let You Go." She also has some fun with the bar song "Scotch & Soda," composed by the Kingston Trio's Dave Guard. The play list was obviously constructed to bring out the best that the singer has to offer. She does not have a powerful voice, nor one with especially great range. What she has are large doses of warmth and expressiveness, deftly spooned to each song she offers. Call Me is a pleasant recital of tunes, well-known and less-familiar, by a singer confident in her ability to deliver a tune. Recommended. ~Dave Nathan

https://musdl.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/download скачать.png