3. Tell Me Goodbye
4. If You Love Me
5. Changes
6. White Girl Playin' on the Street
7. Love Like This
8. Needin' It
9. Hiding in Plain Sight
10. See You Later

This is Jill Detroit's 20th album, an incredible feat for any singer-songwriter and a very welcome one for this artist's followers. Jill and her arranger/producer/engineer/band, Bill Bentley, have outdone themselves as they continue the tradition of crafting non-traditional, unpredictable musical nuggets. This album begins with "Loving You Is Easy," a catchy pop song that has some vocal surprises. From there, we are presented with "Heartbroken," a stunning, memorable message to someone whose attempt to take their own life created a ripple effect in the lives of loved ones. The tone significantly lightens on "Tell Me Goodbye," with a whimsical musical track and melody that belie a deeper message: Either step up to the plate or risk losing a chance at love.
We are transported into some of my favorite Jill Detroit territory with "If You Love Me," a jazz-blues blend that shows off Jill's sultrier, swinging side. The "Jill-ettes" shine as they mimic the big band horn section and culminate in a swinging finale that compels you to swing (sic) along. "Changes," a rock ballad that shows off Jill's incredible vocal range and control, is followed by "White Girl Playing on the Street," a song that owes its inception to Jill's childhood experiences growing up in middle America, where her obsession with music outweighed any differences in outward appearances or cultural background. Bill Bentley captures the innocence of Jill's experience playing her guitar on the street corner, oblivious to traffic or gathering crowds with a largely acoustic track featuring a hammer dulcimer and hand claps. It was all about the music!
In "Love Like This," Jill delivers a beautiful melody that lovingly encases a familiar message: Love is a journey full of ups and downs; joy and heartache. In "Needing It," Jill regales us with another jazz-infused song featuring an instrumental track that demonstrates the amazing range and talent of Jill's producer (and band), Bill Bentley, as well as the "Jill-ettes." Next up is another catchy pop song, "Hiding in Plain Sight," with its simple tag line and sing-along melody.
The final and title song of this album is "See You Later." Co-written with Bill Bentley, this very personal song, which epitomizes the essence of this musical partnership, is dedicated to Jill's late nephew, Wyatt Phillips, whose engaging smile and pet phrases, such as "Don't think of it as goodbye.think of it as see you later," inspired the touching lyrics that are lovingly nestled in an engaging melody that are captured with heartfelt performances.
What more is there to say? As a song-writer, Jill is right up there with Gershwin, McCartney, and Joni Mitchell. As a singer, she has never sounded better. Together with Bill Bentley, Jill has given us another stunning collection of musical gems that spans genres and, most importantly, resonates with those of us who live and breathe poetic music.

https://musdl.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/download скачать.png