07. Hairdresser
08. Where Were You ?
09. SUVette
10. Down To Memphis
11. Here Alone
12. Real Gone Guy
13. BEARER of the BLUES
14. 7 NIGHTS to ROCK

As Marcy Rae herself tells it, "This project has been years in the making. Some of the songs were written 30 years ago, and only now are recorded with the arrangements that I always envisioned. When we started recording at River Sounds Studio, the Sugar Daddies were all alive and rockin'. I never suspected that, by the time I was finished, I would have lost two of my dear brothers. Joey Bowers, guitarist/recording engineer/studio manager, died way too young at age 37 in a tragic episode of violence. In December, 2010, I brought original Sugar Daddy Charles "Neckbone" Murphy down to Roger's studio to finish his bass tracks. Charles had been recently diagnosed with liver cancer, and we were fortunate that he was able to complete all of his tracks before he passed in June, 2011." On top of all this, Marcy Rae was involved in a serious accident and took a long time to get back to finish the album. With the help of lots of local musicians, she ended up with a superb release. From the line of horns on opening cut, "Giving In To Love", with her "howling at the moon" this baby rocks the house, with not a dull moment from start to finish. With ten of the fourteen tracks wriiten by Marcy Rae, the cover I like the most is "Hairdresser", a humorous, tongue-in-cheek risque tune. She slows it down on "Sweet Mama's Blues", an ode to her own delightful brand of downhome blues, and again on "One Lonely Year", a sentimental done-her-wrong ballad. To wake you up, she hits the ground running on "I Wanna", a boogie-woogie rocker, and a retro "Where Were You" with plenty of doo-wop harmonies, while "SUVette" takes us on a wild ride looking for love, and howling harp opens "Down To Memphis". More lonely tales come with "Here Alone" and she takes a gospel-like approach on "Bearer Of The Blues" with more soul-searching. She takes Nick Lowe's "Seven Nights To Rock" to new heights with an all-star cast of "shouters" and lots of stinging guitar and pounding keyboards, plus a sax adding some pizzaz, an apt finish to this ouststanding group of songs. Long-time coming, but well worth the wait.

https://musdl.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/download скачать.png