https://img103.imagetwist.com/th/13595/x7l9e3zk3f0o.jpg

Artist: Al Basile
Title: The Tinge
Year Of Release: 2008
Label: Sweetspot Records
Genre: Blues, Modern Electric Blues, Soul Blues
Quality: Mp3 320 / Flac (image, log, .cue)
Total Time: 58:16
Total Size: 184/467 Mb (covers)

Tracklist:
01. Go Back Home To The Blues
02. Just Wait And See
03. Airlift My Heart
04. Not The Wrong Woman
05. Can I Trust You With A Kiss?
06. Give Me The Rainbow
07. Too Slow
08. While We're Dancing
09. Daddy Got A Problem
10. She's In Love With Losing
11. You're Still Right
12. Losing My Cool
13. Strawberries And Cream

Al Basile started out as a poet and fiction writer, but a meeting with Duke Robillard (who produced this CD) changed his life. He became a trumpet player in Roomful of Blues, then went on to gigs with Joe Turner, Red Prysock, and other soul and blues heavies. Since the '70s he's been a regular co-writer with Robillard, while on his own he placed a tune on Ruth Brown's Grammy-nominated album R+B = Ruth Brown. As a leader, he's cut jazz, soul, and blues albums, with The Tinge falling into the latter category. Robillard's production, as is his wont, gives the music a clean, wide-open feeling, allowing each instrument room to breathe. Basile has a mellow, midrange tenor, with a classic crooner's phrasing, and brings plenty of humor to his vocals. The innuendo-rich "Too Slow" is done in the style of Eddie "Cleanhead" Vinson, with Basile paying tribute to Vinson with his vocal phrasing. Robillard drops in a mellow solo, Basile blows some nice muted cornet, and Bruce Katz, who is inspired throughout the session, tickles the ivories. "While We're Dancing" is a classic saloon song, done with a tip of the hat to Louis Armstrong. "I want to hold you while we're dancing," Basile sings from the viewpoint of an older gentleman who still has romance in his soul. It's a beautiful, slow ballroom groove and Basile's trumpet solo makes it one of the album's highlights. On "Airlift My Heart" Basile delivers a fluttering cornet solo to complement a tune that likens a cold heart to the Cold War. Katz plays some bluesy electric piano and the horn section simmers quietly. "Can I Trust You with a Kiss?" brings to mind a meeting of New Orleans R&B and Memphis soul with a simple I-IV-V progression, a poignant vocal from Basile, and sanctified keyboard work from Katz. "You're Still Right" is a gritty, swampy putdown with a sneering vocal from Basile, Robillard's greasy slide guitar, and Katz getting all funky on piano. The Tinge shows Basile as a first-class tunesmith fronting a solid band that lays down arrangements that span the entire history of blues, soul, and small-combo jazz. - AMG

https://musdl.com/download скачать.png