04. Can I Trust You (5:01)
05. I Want It All Back (4:49)
06. Liberation (4:06)
07. Where To (5:00)
08. Continentals (5:12)
09. High Five (4:16)
10. No Words Needed (5:10)
11. Ok (4:01)

There is sweet irony in the title, No Words Needed by Edda Borg. Best known for her trademark jazz and pop vocals, on her new CD Edda leads a brilliant ensemble of world-class players through suite of songs built that are first and foremost instrumentals. The sounds of the ensemble are rich and supremely smooth, as an airtight rhythm section supports rippling guitars, ringing keyboards and elegant horns across sophisticated solos and stylish instrumental interludes.
Classically trained from age six, Edda was deeply influenced by the jazz records that her father, an accomplished jazz pianist and music educator, would play. Of special interest were the free form improvisational excursions taken by the soloists.
Edda launched her professional career at age 16 when she was selected to join Gunnar Þórðarson's big band. A solid slate of professional opportunities followed: sessions with platinum songwriter, musician and producer Thor Baldursson (Donna Summer, Elton John), performances on lead and background vocals for the legendary Eurovision Song Contest as well as judging the Icelandic qualifying rounds.
Edda's career is multi-faceted and ever-evolving: from singing with the Reykjavík Big Band to touring with a jazz trio; creating musical promos for Iceland's top radio station to recording Ding Dong, a children's CD. Among Edda's notable credits is involvement with Björks 2011 Biophillia project.
Working with young musicians is among her greatest joys. For almost two and a half decades she has operated The Edda Borg Music School, where she has educated generations of emerging players. "Many graduates of my school are now professional musicians who are beginning to make their musical marks both here and abroad," she notes proudly. "It keeps you young and alive to be among the children.
"Edda has also performed both in Iceland and in the United States with the legendary "Wrecking Crew" keyboardist and bandleader Don Randi. When Edda recently visited Los Angeles, she was invited onstage to sit in with Randi and his band Quest at the musician's iconic jazz venue, The Baked Potato in Studio City.
At this stage in her career, Edda is rightfully proud of her achievements, but she is always looking ahead to the next level of her artistry: to new audiences, expanded venues, and upcoming challenges. "I am a really hard-working person," she says. " I look at myself as a winner, not a loser, and if I want to get something done I do it.
"Edda Borg's creative expression radiates a warm glow from a cold place. Her songs, sound and sensibilities reveal the calling card of an artist with a rich legacy, an animated present and a vibrant future. The music says it best: No Words Needed.

https://musdl.com/download скачать.png