09. Scratch My Back (3:22)
10. I Ain't Whistling Dixie (4:03)
11. Take My Mother Home (3:20)
12. The Wobble (2:27)
13. Trucking Class (2:56)
14. Northwest Passage (5:14)
15. The Foreign Policy Blues (4:59)
16. Words Are Coming To An End (4:02)

Watermelon Slim has unleashed his best ever CD on us this summer, after reuniting with his old band he Workers. "Bull Goose Rooster" will improve the quality of your summer listening I guarantee it! In 2008 Slim and the Workers captured the Album of the Year for the "Wheel Man" release. What the heck, he won Band of the Year as well! Mojo magazine awarded Slim to p blues albums in 2006, and 2007, and he doubled up in "07 by also winning the Independent Music Awards top blues album of the year. In 2009 he was nominated "B.B. King Entertainer of the Year." Just a little background in case you don't know Slim. I find that hard to believe, but in case you don't know him, please quit fooling around and look into it.
Slim, by his own admission, is a "Toothless 64 year old bluesman, but I put on a hell of a show." His band the Workers are solid as the Rock of Gibraltar and together they indeed, put on a heck of a show. Slim writes, sings vocals, plays slide, guitar, harmonica, and drips the blues like an old log full of honey. His songwriting is superb, and he has lived the life of a bluesman from being a Vietnam Veteran, to a collection agent. He also has two undergraduate degrees, and a Masters, and can speak 4 languages. All of those degrees are in the blues, just kidding, but it sounds that way, Slim ain't no dummy. He sings from the heart, and tells his story of life, and the beating it gives you on that highway. His slide work is great, so is the harp, it is a great CD from a man who is on top of his game. With 16 cuts on the CD Watermelon "Rooster" Slim is not backing up or apologizing. He is creating a monster here. From originals, to gospels, to Trucking down that road, to flat out blues songs he covers the gamut. He even does a slow ballad with Danielle Schnebelen that is just great. I'm not going to talk about every song, this is probably too long an yway, but I will say you need to check this one out. Lets do that at wwwwatermelonslim.com or wwwnorthernblues.com. Yea, "Scratch My Back," "Words Are Coming To An End," the "Vigilante Man" is out there, and the "Bull Goose Rooster" is loose! "I Ain't Whistling Dixie." But Slim and the Workers are.
I'll end with these words from Slim; "I've lived a fuller life than most people could in two. I've got a good e ducation, I've lived on three continents and I've played music with a bunch of immortal blues players. I've fought in a war and against a war. I've seen an awful lot and I've done an awful lot. If my plane goes down tomorrow, I'd go out on top." ~Blue Barry - Smoky Mountain Blues Society

https://musdl.com/download скачать.png