04. There Will Never Be Another You
05. My Romance
06. How About You
07. You Go To My Head
08. I Didn't Know What Time It Was
09. Nice Work If You Can Get It
10. East Of The Sun (West Of The Moon)
11. It Could Happen To You

"A voice like warm cocoa on a winter's night." Canadian jazz vocalist Barbara Blair's long-awaited new release September in the Rain is sung with wisdom, insight and honesty. In this collection of mainstream jazz standards which includes poignant and mesmerizing renditions of It Never Entered My Mind, You Go to My Head and Everything Happens to Me, Barbara's smoky voice inhabits the melodies with radiance and warmth that is as natural as it is unique. Her horn-like phrasings and swinging improvisations are smooth and tasteful in My Romance, I Didn't Know What Time It Was, Nice Work if You Can Get It, East of the Sun (West of the Moon), and It Could Happen to You. She scats seamlessly in the gentle bossa There Will Never Be Another You and trades vocal lines with guitarist Brian Nova in an amusing How About You?
Contributing sensitive, thoughtful support for Barbara's commanding interpretations, her teammates are all first call studio wizards with lifetimes in the international jazz world. Acclaimed Seattle based guitarist Brian Nova was a protégé of both Joe Pass and Herb Ellis. Bassist Buddy Catlett's credits read like a jazz history lesson including long stints with Count Basie and Louis Armstrong. Buddy's numerous recordings include Sinatra's Fly Me to the Moon and Armstrong's classic What A Wonderful World. Drummer Greg Williamson, veteran of Woody Herman's Young Thundering Herd, records and tours with Ernestine Anderson. Guitarist and bassist Joey Smith, former arranger with the Glenn Miller Orchestra, has played in Barbara's JazzAffair ensemble for 15 years.
Vocalist, educator, and jazz messenger Barbara Blair counts herself among the fortunate few who spend their life following their passion. With a deep, rich voice, Barbara's interpretive approach comes from the giants and innovators of mainstream jazz including Ella Fitzgerald, Louis Armstrong and Carmen McRae. Following a career in the classical music scene, Barbara returned to her first love, jazz, studying with luminaries Kurt Elling, Ellis Marsalis, Sheila Jordan, Paul Horn, Nancy King and Jay Clayton. Nearly two decades of performing and touring add polish and depth to her performances.

https://soulnmusic.com/download скачать.png