Artist: Mantij
Title: El Concerto
Year Of Release: 2017
Label: Mantij Recordings
Genre: Electronica, Progressive House, Techno
Quality: FLAC (tracks)
Total Time: 53:52 min
Total Size: 307 MB

When I started working on my new album, I decided that I wanted more than just songs that could sound in a club, I wanted to tell a film story with music, a showcase to my soul, my fears, my desires, but also my personal moments, since childhood my dream has always been more than being a musician, is to be an artist, and I think that after meditating a lot on that word, music is my only way to really know who I am and why I do it, for me that is to be an artist, my art is the way in which I contribute to the world, the reason why I was born, because music is infinite and never dies, but my body is not infinite and dies.
"A Night When You Are Gone" I wrote it one day after seeing the news about the deaths in the Middle East, and I am filled with sadness that among humans we do so much damage, and while I was composing I could only imagine a mother losing her son because of an attack.
"Absent Friends" is a song about the loss of loved ones, of suffering, but also of how grateful one must be for having the opportunity to be part of moments with those beings who were yesterday and who are not here today.
"Journey" is one of my last compositions, I decided that it should be part of the album, because life is just a journey, in which one must be prepared to live life at the fullest, and that is everything that makes the trip a great experience , and it contains the bad to value the good.
"Afraid Of love" is my most personal composition, where I express my greatest fear, the fear of commitment, "true love" .
"Bonjour de Paris" , is a symbolism to a city that I feel attracted to even though I have never been there and which I already feel like I have been there before.
"Mother" is a gift that I made to the person who gave her life for my dreams, everything is possible thanks to her efforts, her advice and support. "Mother" is a gift from God to me and a gift that I make to him for giving me the opportunity to meet a great woman who helped me become the man that I am.
"Dwell on the past" is a song about being a prisoner of the past, because I'm always thinking about the past so I can think about the future and never go back to it. The past represents who I am but is no longer part of me.
"El Concerto" is not about the past, it is about the future, from the time I wake up until I go to bed my path takes me closer to my dreams, "El Concerto" is all my journey so far and represents who I am.
"Chef's Table" is my way of honoring a series of documentaries of the best chefs in the world where they told their stories and fears, they made me understand that I want to be a musical chef, always in search of new sounds and ways on how to combine them together to create something new , always with my personal touch.
"Pereira" is the first place where I had the experience of listening live sets of great techno Dj's. This song is a memory of these experiences and also the advice that I received from these International Dj's.
"Looking From A Glass Window" I decided that I wanted to finish the album with this song , because it is my favorite of all the tracks also because the great majority of time I feel that I am only an observer of the present, and there is a big window in front of me all the time and the world moves at a different time than mine does.
Mantij
Tracklist:
01.Mantij - A Night When You Are Gone
02.Mantij - Absent Friends
03.Mantij - Journey
04.Mantij - Afraid of Love
05.Mantij - Bonjour De Paris
06.Mantij - Mother
07.Mantij - Dwell on the Past
08.Mantij - El Concerto
09.Mantij - Chef's Table
10.Mantij - Pereira