https://abload.de/img/63kuy06z7h3yvedcz.png

pdf | 9.95 MB | English | Isbn:‎ B07QH2Q46W | Author: Nina Xiang | Year: 2019

Description:

Red AI: Victories and Warnings From China's Rise In Artificial Intelligence   is the definitive book on one of the most controversial topics of our time. Xiang offers a fresh perspective and a new narrative illuminating the much-hyped AI industry in China.

Through compelling stories packed with fascinating details, Xiang dispels the myth and hyperbole surrounding China's position in the artificial intelligence race against the United States.

"My book is definitely contrarian. Media assertions that China is an AI superpower are extremely forward-looking and one-sided, presenting only the evidence supporting these claims and disregarding contrasting facts," Xiang argues.

Xiang, a veteran journalist who grew up in China, takes readers on a journey deep into the heart of China's AI universe to explore cutting-edge developments in facial recognition, speech recognition, self-driving cars, robotics, AI chips, healthcare, and financial profiling services, resulting in an intriguing read that raises compelling questions for one to ponder afterwards.

Quotes from the book: 

"Our success in becoming a leading AI company is impossible without the correct leadership of the Party and the strong support of all levels of government."- Bob Fu, president of Megvii Inc.

"I believe Chinese people...are not that sensitive about privacy. If they can exchange privacy for convenience, they are willing in most cases."- Robin Li, chairman and СЕО (Поисковая оптимизация SEO of Baidu

"I watched the TV show Transformers everyday, and I had dreams of (making) robots when I was a little boy."- James Zhou, founder of Ubtech Robotics

"Because of its strong government relationships, the company could easily get the most lucrative contracts from the government. Sometimes, when making money is too easy, you lose the opportunity to make money that's harder to earn."- An anonymous source 

About Nina Xiang 
Nina Xiang is an expert on the Chinese venture capital and technology sector with nearly twenty years of professional financial and business media experience.
Nina Xiang is the founder of China Money Network, a news and data platform tracking China's smart investments and technology innovation.
She is the author of Red AI: Victories and Warnings From China's Rise In Artificial Intelligence (2019) and US-China Tech War: What Chinese Tech History Reveals About Future Tech Rivalry (2021). Both were number one new releases in their category.
After graduating as the valedictorian in high school in China, she went on a distinguished journalism career serving in editorial positions at Bloomberg BusinessWeek, Euromoney Institutional Investor, China Radio International and China Business Network in Beijing, New York, Shanghai, and Hong Kong.
She founded China Money Network, an artificial intelligence-based platform tracking China's smart investments and technology innovation, in 2011. China Money Network is a premium online media intelligence and data platform bridging China's rising VC/tech industry with the world.
Nina Xiang is part of the team winning an Excellence in Human Rights Reporting honor in SOPA Awards in 2007. She was awarded an Foreign Press Association Annual Scholarship in 2007. She is an agenda contributor for the World Economic Forum, and won the Annual Female Entrepreneur of the Year in the China Bang Awards in 2019.

Category:Microelectronics Engineering, Development & Growth Economics