https://i123.fastpic.org/big/2024/0425/6e/b956895680571b183fce96fc6c6b9b6e.jpeg
Free download скачать The cosmetic gaze : body modification and the construction of beauty  By  Wegenstein, Bernadette
2012 | 226 Pages | ISBN: 0262232677 | PDF | 5 MB
If the gaze can be understood to mark the disjuncture between how we see                 ourselves and how we want to be seen by others, the cosmetic                 gaze--in Bernadette Wegenstein's groundbreaking formulation--is one                 through which the act of looking at our bodies and those of others is already                 informed by the techniques, expectations, and strategies (often surgical) of bodily                 modification. It is, Wegenstein says, also a moralizing gaze, a way of looking at                 bodies as awaiting both physical and spiritual improvement. In The Cosmetic                 Gaze, Wegenstein charts this synthesis of outer and inner transformation.                 Wegenstein shows how the cosmetic gaze underlies the "rebirth" celebrated                 in today's makeover culture and how it builds upon a body concept that has collapsed                 into its mediality. In today's beauty discourse--on reality TV and Web sites that                 collect "bad plastic surgery"--we yearn to experience a bettered self that                 has been reborn from its own flesh and is now itself, like a digitally remastered                 character in a classic Hollywood movie, immortal. Wegenstein traces the cosmetic                 gaze from eighteenth-century ideas about physiognomy through television makeover                 shows and facial-recognition software to cinema--which, like our other screens,                 never ceases to show us our bodies as they could be, drawing life from the very                 cosmetic gaze it transmits.

Buy Premium From My Links To Get Resumable Support,Max Speed & Support Me

FileFox
7nk9r.rar
Rapidgator
7nk9r.rar.html
Uploadgig
7nk9r.rar

Links are Interchangeable  - Single Extraction