https://i116.fastpic.org/big/2021/1025/ba/57036c7943a01083916a9efdc7f030ba.jpeg
English | 2021 | ASIN: B09654J317 | 460 pages | PDF | 10 MB

SYLLABUS- ORGANIC CHEMISTRY-II,
UNIT-I
I. Electromagnetic Spectrum Absorption Spectra
Ultraviolet (UV) absorption spectroscopy-absorption laws (Beer-lambert law); molar absorptivity, presentation and analysis to UV spectra, types of electronic transitions, effect of conjugation. Concept of chromophore and auxochrome , Bathochromic, hypsochromic, hyperchromic and hypochromic shifts. U.V. spectra of conjugated enes and enones. Infrared (I.R.) absorption spectroscopy-molecular vibrations, Hooke's law, selection rules, intensity and position of I.R. bands, measurement of I.R. spectrum, fingerprint region, characteristic absorptions of various functional groups and interpretation of I.R. spectra of simple organic compounds.
UNIT-II
II. Alcohols
Monohydric alcohols-nomenclature, methods of formation by reduction of Classification and nomenclature, Aldehydes, Ketones, Carboxylic acids and Esters, Hydrogen bonding, Acidic nature, Reactions of alcohols. Dihydric alcohols" nomenclature, methods of formation, chemical reactions of vicinal glycols, oxidative cleavage Pb(OAc)4 and HIO4 and pinacol-pinacolone rearrangement. Trihydric alcohols- nomenclature, methods of formation, chemical reactions of glycerol.
III. Phenols
Nomenclature, structure and bonding, preparation of phenols, physical properties and acidic character, comparative acidic strengths of alcohols and phenols, resonance stabilization of phenoxide ion. Reactions of phenols-electrophilic aromatic substitution, acylation and carboxylation. Mechanisms of Fries rearrangement, Claisen rearrangement, Gatterman synthesis, Hauben-Hoesch reaction, Lederer-Manasse reaction and Reimer- Tiemann reaction.
UNIT-III
IV. Ethers and Epoxides
Nomenclature of ethers and methods of their formation, physical properties, Chemical reactions- cleavage and autoxidation, Ziesel's method. Synthesis of epoxides, Acid and base-catalyzed ring opening of epoxides, orientation of epoxide ring opening, reactions of Grignard and organolithium reagents with epoxides.
V. Aldehydes and Ketones
Nomenclature and structure of the carbonyl groups, synthesis of aldehydes and ketones with particular reference to the synthesis of aldehydes from acid chlorides, synthesis of aldehydes and ketones uses 1, 3-dithianes, synthesis of ketones from nitrites and from carboxylic acids, Physical properties. Mechanism of nucleophillic additions to carbonyl group with particular emphasis on benzoin, aldol, Perkin and Knoevenagel condensations, Condensation with ammonia and its derivatives. Wittig reaction, Mannich reaction.
Use of acetals as protecting group, Oxidation of aldehydes, Baeyer-Villiger oxidation of Ketones, Cannizzaro reaction, MPV, Clemmensen, Wolff-Kishner, LiAlH4 and NaBH4 reductions. Halogenation of enolizable ketones an introduction to a, unsaturated aldehydes and ketones.
UNIT-IV
VI. Carboxylic Acids
Nomenclature, structure and bonding, physical properties, acidity of carboxylic acids, effects of substituents on acid strength, preparation of carboxylic acids, reactions of carboxylic acids, Hell-Volhard-Zelinsky reaction, Synthesis of acid chlorides, esters and amides, Reduction of carboxylic acids, Mechanism of decarboxylation.
Methods of formation and chemical reactions of halo acids, Hydroxy acids: malic, tartaric and citric acids. Methods of formation and chemical reactions of unsaturated monocarboxylic acids. Dicarboxylic acids: methods of formation and effect of heat dehydrating agents.
VII. Carboxylic Acid Derivatives
Structure and nomenclature of acid chlorides, esters, amides (urea) and acid anyhydrides. Relative stability of acyl derivatives, Physical properties, interconversion of acid derivatives by nucleophilic acyl substitution. Preparation of carboxylic acid derivatives, chemical reaction. Mechanisms of esterification and hydrolysis (acidic and basic)
download скачать

Код:
https://nitroflare.com/view/4CF933374537888/14cnp.Krishnas.Organic.Chemistry.II.Edition4.pdf
Код:
https://rapidgator.net/file/50c7d8348db0307dcc565d5b6f68d004/14cnp.Krishnas.Organic.Chemistry.II.Edition4.pdf